Choco-licious Oatmeal Bowl
I love oats for breakfast. But by the time I add in something sweet, something heart-smart, and something fun, the calories add up as well. Not anymore! On a quest to use up some perfectly ripened strawberries and satisfy my chocolate fix at the same time, I stumbled upon this low calorie, low sugar version that kept me full for hours. It’s so pretty, I had to share.
- 1/4 C. rolled oats
- 1/2 C. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 large banana, sliced
- 8 (fresh, juicy) strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. chocolate granola (I used One Degree Organic Foods’ Sprouted Oat Quinoa Cacao)
- 1 tsp. cacao nibs
- Microwave oatmeal and almond milk for 1 minute.
- Stir in chia seeds.
- While the chia does its thickening magic, pile on the sliced fruit.
- Top with granola and cacao nibs. (I mixed the concoction well before I dug in, to spread the banana sweetness throughout.)
Only 324 calories! And according to my “Lose It!” app, this filling and delicious bowl hits the macronutrient sweet spot, with 24% fat, 65% carbs, and 11% protein. What does that mean? No idea except that I tend to feel satisfied longer (a/k/a rarely hangry) when my meals hit the sweet spot. Enjoy!