Paleo Banana Nut Muffins
It’s a busy week here at writer’s central, where I’ve begun drafting my nanowrimo novel, “How To Write A Book In Three Days,” while taking orders and mailing off signed copies of “Finding Clara,” to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association. When I have too many projects on the go, I tend to simplify meal time with standard recipes. Twice I’ve served these muffins alongside my veggie three bean chili, throwing them into the oven while the chili simmers. They are easy, filling, shockingly low calorie at 154 each, not to mention healthy.
Recipes I make more than once become “keepers” for the blog. Since @wakeupandkale posted this recipe, I keep scrolling back to my screen shot of her mouth-watering moist paleo muffin shot. Now it’s on the blog, I’ll have an easier time accessing it mid-supper-cooking-frenzy. Hope you agree!
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix first four ingredients, through vanilla, separately.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients (except walnuts) in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir just until mixed; fold in walnuts.
- Pour into muffin tin, with paper liners or mould, filling each cup 2/3.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes on a rack.
Enjoy with chili or a good book and think up your next good deed!