Peachy Chocolate Oats
When peaches are in season, I have to seize the moment. Seems like they are ripe for a hot minute and then they’re too hard, too soft, stringy and basically fruit fly fodder. Right now in Ottawa, peaches are delicious! So in addition to strawberries (which are weirdly still in season — where are they coming from?), I’m loading up my morning oatmeal with peaches. And because cycling season is also best as the cooler weather rolls in, I’m boosting these chocolatey oats with protein powder. This makes them more satisfying post ride, and keeps me full until lunch.
- 2 dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbls cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tbls chia seeds
- 1/3 scoop protein powder
- 1 peach, sliced or diced
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1 tsp sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 tsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- Combine dates through cocoa powder in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chia seeds and protein powder.
- Add fruit, almonds and cocnut and/or any other toppings you prefer!
Seize the moment and enjoy every bite! Approx. 423 calories.